Sunday, November 26, 2006

Wednesday night I stayed up much too late drinking and smoking by our chiminea in the backyard. Something about a fire makes beer taste even better. I managed to put away 2 packs of ciggys in about 5 hours. Needless to say I was hungover on Thanksgiving. I managed to have 1/2 a beer when I got home from my Moms and one ciggy. Friday, around 3 p.m. I said to myself "Hey, it's 3 p.m. and you haven't smoked, try to go the rest of the day." So I did. Now it's Sunday and I still haven't smoked. I wasn't planning to quit. It just sort of happened. When I quit in '96 for 4 years I did it the exact same way. One day I just noticed I hadn't smoked yet and challenged myself not to smoke the rest of the day.

My poor husband has to live with Bitchy-Roley for a couple more days and then the withdrawl should be over. I cannot believe I haven't smoked in 3.5 days. Crazy!

Maybe the best plans are better off unmade?