Monday, November 13, 2006

My Parents ~ The Soup Nazis


I was able to sleep in Sunday until 9:30 a.m. I'm not sure when my parents called but they left a message saying they wanted to come over and see Rita at 10:00 a.m. I called them back at 10:15 to see if they still wanted to stop by or if I could bring Rita to their house for a little while.
My stepdad: No, we aren't coming over.
Me: Well, I can bring Rita to you for a little while if you want. John let me sleep in today so I took advantage of it.
My stepdad: No, No. We are making soup.
Me: Soup? What kind? (What I really wanted to say is what friggin soup takes all day to cook that I can't bring your granddaughter over for a visit?)
My stepdad: Bean soup.
Me: (flabbergasted) Well, ok I'll see you sometime during the week then.
Selfish bastard didn't even offer me any soup.