Monday, January 29, 2007

We went out Friday night to Spoto's Steak Joint for my birthday dinner. I had never been there before and it had been years since John was there. I walked in and immediately felt like I had walked into Bellagio! There were canopies over the tables, just like the blackjack tables of Bellagio, I swear the window treatments were the exact same fabrics. It was quite creepy. We had a 7:30 reservation. They told us it would be a while so we bellied up to the bar. I had a Buckler, by far the best non-alcoholic brew and John had a Bud Light. We chatted with the couple next to us and 45 minutes later we were seated. We sat on the same side of the booth as we usually do. I was freezing (as always) so I sat on the inside and John kept me warm. I had french onion soup for an appetizer that was just so scrumptuous. John had tuna sashimi - it was average. I then ordered the 20 oz. Porterhouse. I was in desperate need of a red meat fix. John ordered a sirloin. When they brought this 20 ouncer to me, it was HUGE and DEEEElicious!! Holy smokes! It was exactly what I was craving. We don't eat red meat at the house b/c Rita is allergic. So what a treat this was! Both John and the waitress were VERY impressed at the dent I put in that steak! I think dinner took us almost 3 hours total. It was so nice not to rush through a meal. Because we had to wait so long (we didn't even complain) they bought John another beer and me a piece of chocolate cake. (which John ate of course). It was such a great experience. The waitstaff was very friendly and attentive. You just don't find service like that anymore!
We then proceeded to Gator's to see a band called Buffalo Strange. There were quite a lot of people there. We stood near the dance floor to watch the band and I can't tell you how many times I got shoved in the tummy by drunk people. Then one drunk woman had the nerve to say "You can tell she's had kids." in my direction. Being drunk sure gives people gigantic balls! She was so wasted I happily ignored her laughing to myself about what a horrible hangover she'd have in the morning. I can honestly say I don't miss the bar scene! I like my quiet family life on the beach!
I'm almost out of my first trimester. I've been feeling pretty crappy and not able to accomplish much and it's driving me crazy! John tells me not to worry, I was this way when I was pregnant with Rita and it eventually went away. I'm feeling a little depressed just because I can't do squat. I don't have any energy and I'm nauseous all the time. It gets worse at bedtime! Most of all, I'm SICK of hearing myself complain about it. (Right Kath?)