Happy 19th Month-a-versary!
Two days ago you reached another monthly milestone. It is hard for me to believe that you are so big. You were once a pink ball of flesh that just laid there and slept. Now you are into everything, talking all the time and running around like a mad woman. A few more months and I won't be able to catch you! It was a big month for all of us, including a car trip to Ohio and Michigan for the holidays. You refused to sleep for longer than 5 hours. You were so interested in what we were driving past and of course, the Little Einsteins dvds we brought along. It was very hard for Mommy and Daddy to catch some Zzz's with you wanting to constantly play and talk and fuss because you wouldn't sleep. I've never seen you look as tired as you did on the way up and again on the way back down to Florida. Seeing you with our far away family was a riot. You acted like you had just seen them yesterday, running right up to Grandma & Grandpa. You even loved your Aunt Leslie's in-laws. You made them each read you book after book on Christmas day. Sadly, you didn't grasp unwrapping a present until we were at your Aunt Connie's. Then you tore that paper with a fervor and a yell, almost like a "HI-YA!" I'm sorry we couldn't make it snow for you. We really wanted you to see snow. Oh well, there is always next year.
The cutest thing in the last week is you are repeating any word we ask you to. With the exception of Daddy asking you to say "booty". You won't give that one up. My favorite by far is "pasta" which comes out of your little mouth and lips as "papa". I ask you to say it 50 times a day. By now you must wonder why Mommy makes you say pasta all day long. This morning you began to meow back at Tigger the cat with a boisterous "Now, Now, Now!" Last night Daddy whispered to you that it was time for your bath. You looked at him very puzzled. He then said with another whisper: "It's bathtime." You pointed towards the bathroom and asked him quite clearly "In there?" and when he replied "Yes" and you took off running!
Another cool thing you will do; if we ask you if you need your pants changed you head straight for your room and wait for us at your changing table. I also gave you whole milk this month and you tolerated it without a fuss. Mommy is so excited! I'm hoping one day you will completely grow out of your dairy allergy.
Lately you don't want to go to sleep at bedtime. We used to be able to lay you down, close the door and not hear from you until morning. Now you are putting up a fuss, usually crying. We don't know what to do with this! It is very foreign to us. I think it's because you miss your Daddy so much now that he is working. I want you to know punkin, I miss him too. I know you love your Daddy more than green beans, and yes it totally sucks he is gone so much. We all have to make sacrifices sometimes. They aren't always easy either. We just need to make the most of the time we do have together.
I love you.Mommy
