Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy 20 Month-a-versary!
Dear Rita Marie,
Today you turn 20 months old. You are talking up a storm. You pointed to sunscreen on the table and said "I would like some of that." You have so many words and sentences I should make a list. Today we went to the Play Zone and you pointed at an Elmo pinata and said "Elmo" without the "m". So much has happened recently that my mind is spinning trying to remember. You drank from a straw for the first time. You rode a merry-go-round for the first time. Daddy went with you and you went around twice without crying. The third time around you were done. You can sing the Barney song, some of the ABC's, and many other unintelligable songs. Some of them sound like the ones I made up either for you or about you. Like the Elmo and Pooh song. I used to sing it and make them dance on the crib rail, now I do the singing and you make them dance. We ask you: What does a cat say? You reply with Meow. What does a dog say? Arf Arf. What does a bird say? You reply Peep peep. What does a cow say? Moooo! What does a train say? Choo choo! What does Mommy say? You say: Daaaaddddyyy!
You have also started to climb on everything. I have found you on the dining room table on more than one ocassion. I have found you inside the lazy susan cupboard. You love to play outdoors and/or at the park. I took you to gymnastics and you were so overwhelmed and excited you screamed the whole time running around a Home Depot sized gym. We only lasted 20 minutes before I had to take you home after your 3rd temper tantrum! Everyone tells me what a "busy" girl you are. You don't seem to ever stop moving. You love to dance. You love to sing. You love to give hugs. You cover your eyes with your forearm when you are trying to hide or are being shy.
If you see a box of crayons you yell "CUL-LAH" at the top of your little lungs. I get paper for you and you sit your little bottom on the floor and color away. You have also colored the couch. the wood floor and the kitchen tile! You still love books. Reading is still in your top 5 favorite things to do.
If I think of more things I'll add them to this note. You've grown up so much in the last month it just blows my mind.
One day we were playing in the backyard and I heard you say "Hole" I looked over and you had your little finger in a hole in the cement. I said to you: "That's right, that is a hole. Who taught you that?" and you replied "Hole!"
I love you!Mommy