I heard today that in 200 years there will be no more naturally blonde people - can this be true?
We arrived safely in Seattle, but I must share the stupidest thing I've done in my life to date. This blows the Footloose night out of the water no question!! Sunday was a crazy day. We were leaving for Seattle and I had to pack for Rita, me & John. Traveling with a 9 month old is no easy task, especially coast to coast. How much further can you travel in the US than Tampa to Seattle?? I made my lists and I checked them twice. Three large suitcases later and all the necessary components were packed in the van and we were just about to leave for the airport. As a rookie Mom I often forget to change Rita's diaper on the way out the door and inevitably 10 minutes down the road I have to pull over to change her on the floor of the van. But not Sunday, I was on fire and possibly too much xanax. The van was running and packed with suitcases and carry ons. I took Rita into her room to change her diaper (or so I thought) and then we left for the airport. We were on the airport exit and when I said to John "I smell poo." John replies: "It wouldn't be a trip to the airport without a Rita poo." We park, I take her out of her car seat and OH NO! She peed through her diaper! (or so I thought) The carseat is soaked, she is soaked then John says to me "What happened to her diaper?" I said "Huh?" Wouldn't you know it? On fire xanax Mom NEVER PUT A DIAPER ON RITA!! I thought I had entered the Twilight Zone. How could I forget to put a diaper on my daughter? There was crap everywhere and I mean EVERYWHERE. Then she put her hands in it. And just when you thought it was everywhere, it really was everywhere. I was so beside myself & looking for Rod Sterling that John had to deal with it. How could I forget such an important step in the diaper change? I retraced my steps in my mind to the changing table. I could not believe I forgot to put a diaper on her. We ended up throwing her poopy clothes in the trash. My brand new minivan will no long have that "new car smell" by the time we get back to Tampa. The soaked (new) carseat is baking in the Florida heat for the next week. What a dumbass! How could I have done that?? Hello? It's called changing a diaper because you are supposed to put a fresh one on. Oy Vey!I saw my one of my best friends tonight. I haven't seen her since 2002. I said to her "If you would have told me in 2002 "the next time I see you, you will be married with a baby."" I would have told her she was stark raving mad! I love those friends you don't have to talk to everyday, every week or every year and no matter what they never stop loving you. Those are the best friends to have and the most beautiful people in the world.
