Sunday, February 26, 2006

Yesterday we took Rita to the beach. This was the first time she was able to actually play and not just sit there with a blank stare on her face. She was a riot! We played in the sand and stuck her toes in the 60 degree water. She enjoyed the sand but not the water! She also had her first taste of sand. John was worried she might get sick from it "because sand is so dirty." "You know, cigarette butts, dead fish & bird poop." I'd say she ate a dozen grains at best. She's a smart kid. It's not like she would eat a fistful of sand then go back for seconds. I had to reassure him she wouldn't die from some unknown sand poisoning disease.This afternoon we are headed to my parents house for dinner. We have to be there at 2 p.m. to help them move some furniture before dinner at 4:00. Remember the "Early Bird" Seinfeld episode? Yes, that describes life with my parents to a tee! We have to eat by four so that my stepdad can see to bar-b-que. The sun sets here about 6:30 p.m. but OK whatever you say.Since we spent yesterday at the beach in upper 70's degree weather we have some concerns about freezing our asses off on our Seattle trip next month. Looks like it might be snowing while we are there and you know how much Floridians enjoy snow!! I will be happy if Rita gets to experience it. But, I have to laugh because it gets so hot here in the summer you can't bear to be outside. How is that any different from a snowy winter?? My feet don't get wet? I don't ruin my imitation leather shoes?I'm very excited to see some old friends while we are in Seattle. I absolutely adore them and miss having them in my daily life. Not only do I get to see them, but I'll be eating some GOOD mexican food. Good mexican food is an oxymoron in Florida.