Thursday, September 06, 2007

I met my Mommy group at the mall today for some playtime. It was so wonderful to be out of the house and chat it up with some wonderful women! Rita was her usual shy self tho she did warm up after about 1/2 an hour and tear up the place. She can run really fast and she'll tell you she can too. "I'm wunning weally fast!" As she was announcing that to me and the other Moms she collided with a little boy and began to cry. The little boy was fine, which is a surprise if you've seen the size of my daughter's head. I bribed her with sugary fruit snacks and all was well.
My first outing with 2 children (alone) is officially behind me. It wasn't ridden with anxiety and tears as I had imagined. I explained to Rita how I expected her to behave and low and behold if she wasn't a little hand holding angel. She did get slightly upset when it was time to leave. I coerced her out of the play area with a promise of McDonald's french fries. Again, perfect toddler behavior.
Unlike what she does to me at home. Everything is no. Automatically. "NO!" I ask her if she wants a cookie? "NO!" It doesn't matter if you promised her Elmo covered in syrup, if we are at home the answer is "NO!" She is a very demanding young lady. She will grab you by the hand and tell you "Come this way." If you don't jump up immediately there will be hell to pay! She insists on us reading her the same Mickey Mouse book over and over again. Which reminds me, I need to find that book and hide it. Mickey Mouse is also on her diapers. With every diaper change I hear three things. 1. Wook! It's Mickey's clubhouse! and 2. Fresh diaper! and 3. All clean!
She still hasn't touched her baby brother, who(m?) is officially one month old tomorrow. BUT! and this is a BIG BUT! When we were leaving for the mall this a.m. I was going to load her into the milfmobile first then come back for Baby John. Rita would not leave the house without her brother. "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIITT!! Baby John!!!" I think she loves the little blob afterall!