Rita experienced her first 4th of July this year. We sat on the end of the dock with her and showed her what fireworks are. She was so excited she couldn't sit still. Her little arms flailed and her legs kicked. She yelled "WOOK! Pretty!" and "WOOK!! I SEEEEE IT!" At one point she could no longer contain her excitement and she sang her ABCs as loud as she possibly could. Not once, but twice. Her sweet little voice was echoing across the water and making the neighbors laugh.
When the Treasure Island city fireworks started she had already lost interest and went off to play. We couldn't get her interested in the ones we lit off ourselves. Then off to bed she went.
I checked my blood sugar on Monday and said "Ouch." Rita came over and asked me if I was o.k. Rita's other new favorite saying is "What happened?"
